Friday, October 19, 2007

Ovulation Mystery

So... my ovulation test on Tuesday, just before my ultrasound, was an ambiguous positive. Starting a day or two before that, the left side of my pelvis was extremely swollen and painful. At the ultrasound, Dr. M. had a hard time finding my ovary on my left side (no problem with the right), then said that he saw it, but it had no follicles, and canceled the cycle. (I also told him about the bloating and uncomfortableness on my left side, and he brushed it aside.) Wednesday and Thursday, my left side continued to feel swollen and uncomfortable. Today: my BBT spiked, I've been feeling feverishly warm all day (like I usually do just after ovulation), and my pelvis suddenly feels 100% better.

I'm willing to bet good money that I just ovulated. I bet my left ovary was performing exactly as it was supposed to, but Dr. M. misread it somehow. I'm no doctor, but I think we just needlessly wasted this last cycle. I'm thrilled to be feeling better at last, but really annoyed that I don't fully know what happened, and that it may have been a mistake. I'm also kicking myself for not speaking up more at the appointment on Tuesday, to insist on an explanation for what was going on with my left ovary. Pathetic.

Nothing I can do about it now, though. If I did ovulate, it was probably yesterday, so we've already missed our window of opportunity. Once again, sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks.

No comments: