Monday, October 22, 2007

Progesterone Fuzziness

Today is day 7 of progesterone. I'm definitely feeling better than I was last week (no nausea, and only mild headaches) but I am feeling more fuzzy-headed than ever. Everything seems to be taking forever. I have energy, but I can't concentrate on anything, and I'm so absent-minded that I can't actually trust anything I'm accomplishing, anyway.

I keep thinking through scenarios in my mind. When is my period likely to start? If the Clomid works, when will the IUI be? What phase will I be in when we're with family over Thanksgiving? How do I explain Clomid side effects to family without telling them everything? Should I bring a pregnancy test to Thanksgiving, or is it better not to find out until I'm home? If the Clomid doesn't work this cycle, when can we try again? Blah blah blah.

I'm also obsessively looking things up on the internet. There's only so many articles I can read about side effects, odds of conception, ovulation problems, and unresponsive ovaries, and honestly I'm not learning anything new at this point, but I can't ... stop ... searching. The combination of my "focus" on fertility stuff and my lack of true focus on everything else means that I'm getting squat done at work.

No comments: