Saturday, January 29, 2011

100 Days Later

100 days ago, I posted a list of goals for what I wanted to accomplish in the next 500 days. Here is my update, 20% of the way through. Keep in mind, I have a three-week-old, so I haven't exactly been focused on these during the first fifth of my 500 days. In other words, I've basically squandered the first 100 of my 500 days, but hopefully my update at Day 200 will be better!

1. Have two happy kids. (Done!)

2. Finish my PhD. (Still finishing some formatting, and still waiting for AdvisorA to freaking sign off on it. Also, even once all of that is done, the degree won't technically be awarded until March.)

3. Own a new (bigger) house. (Gotta get a job first.)

4. Work in a job that I enjoy. (Not yet. I didn't expect to be working in a job yet, but I thought that I would at least have one lined up by now. Sigh.)

5. Bring both kids to visit my parents at least once. (We're hoping to make one trip sometime in late spring, but haven't planned the details yet.)

6. Bring both kids to visit my in-laws at least once. (First trip is in March!)

7. Pay off all debt except the mortgage. (That last undergrad loan is still there....)

8. Lose all pregnancy and fertility treatment weight from both pregnancies. (That would be 22 pounds below pre-pregnancy weight with Kermit. Right now, 3 weeks post-partum, this means that I still need to lose 19 pounds. Yep, that's right, Kermit pregnancy weight is already gone. Woo hoo!)

9. Breast feed Kermit for one year. (Three weeks gone, 49 weeks to go.)

10. Cook dinner at home 5 days each week. (I have made zero progress on this so far. I haven't cooked anything more complicated than rice since Kermit was born.)

11. Read 10 fiction books. (Ha! Check back in another 100 days.)

12. Learn javascript. (Ha! Check back in another 100 days.)

13. Learn perl. (Ha! Check back in another 100 days.)

14. Have permanent assigned "homes" for most objects in the house. (Ha! Check back, um, after we've moved.)

15. Update work wardrobe. (I'll start working on this once I'm closer to the end of my maternity leave, and hopefully have lost a little more weight. Also, I only need a work wardrobe if I have a job, so this one is incredibly unnecessary right now.)

16. Shower every day. (Um... this one has actually gotten worse in the last 100 days.)

17. Wear makeup every work day. (Definitely not happening right now; check back when I'm a bit further away from having given birth.)

Slow start, but I expected that, since many of these were going to be difficult to work on until after Kermit was born. The next 100 days will hopefully be more productive.

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I think you are doing rather well for squandering your first 100 days. :)

Jen said...

Hey you got #1 done! Really everything else was just icing.

Cysts In Ovaries said...

I am going to copy your 500 days threshold and set up my own list. Number one - get a job I like! haha... isn't that everyone's?!

Cysts In Ovaries