Monday, January 3, 2011

Waiting Waiting Waiting

Um, yeah, still here. Still pregnant. Still sitting around mindlessly making up things to go on a to-do list, and then doing them, because I'm bored. And tired. And I'm fairly certain that I've been in early labor for like 3 days now.

Saturday night, around 9pm or so, I started getting fairly regular contractions, stronger than I've ever gotten without the help of pitocin. And they got stronger and more intense, but never closer than 10 minutes apart. And it went on like that until 5:00 in the morning, when they abruptly disappeared. For that entire time, I was certain that I was in labor, that this was it. I even sent S to bed early to get some sleep, so that he would be well rested whenever we needed to leave for the hospital. But Sunday and today were both fairly uneventful.

I'm having contractions again tonight, ones that are definitely a huge step up from the Braxton-Hicks contractions I've been having for many weeks, but not quite as strong or regular as Saturday night. So it's looking to be another fairly sleepless night for me. I'd love to believe that this is all leading to me being in actual breathe-through-the-contractions, check-into-the-hospital labor, but... yeah, I don't believe it is.

At most three more days of waiting.

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm waiting for news, so keep up with the updates!

JLK said...

Not to be all TMI & inappropriate, but have you tried having sex? Or is that off the menu because of the VBAC intent and all that?

Banshee said...

I hope something comes of all the contractions for you!

Any chance we'll get to find out what the little ones name is?