Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Canceled

My Day 13 ultrasound was today. My blood tests all came back normal, S.'s semen analysis is great, my HSG was normal, and according to the ultrasound, even my uterine lining looked great. But my ovaries apparently decided to take the month off. The right ovary had a few tiny follicles, but not as far along as they were supposed to be. The left ovary, the side that has been causing me pain for the last several days, was MIA. Dr. M. had to poke around ... a lot ... in order to even find the left ovary, by which time I was in enough pain that I wasn't even watching the screen anymore because I was too busy trying to breathe and not scream. But, I'm told that once it decided to show itself, it also showed that it had no follicles.

So, the cycle is canceled. Apparently, 50mg of Clomid is not the right dosage to get my body to respond -- I need a much stronger kick. Thus, this evening I started another 10 day regimen of progesterone to reset my cycle again, to be followed on Cycle Days 3-7 of 100mg of Clomid. On Day 13, we'll try again, and see if I can summon the follicles to even attempt an IUI.

Sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks. The weird thing is that my ovulation test this afternoon appeared positive, which means ... I don't know what. That I'm ovulating immature eggs? That the test was wrong? That I read the test wrong? At least, barring a bizarre reaction to the progesterone this time around, I'll have either ovulated or canceled again by the time we leave for Thanksgiving. We won't know anything else by then, which will suck (and make the family event, complete with newborn baby, that much harder), but we won't be missing out on a cycle, either. In the mean time, progesterone nausea, dizziness, and addled brain for 10 days. Again. Sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks.

No comments: