Sunday, November 18, 2007

Follicle Watch

I'm going to go out on a limb and say ... my follicles are still growing. I have been growing increasingly uncomfortable since Thursday evening or so. Yesterday, it was painful to button my jeans over my swollen pelvis (wow, that sounds kinda dramatic, doesn't it...). OPK says that I'm not ovulating yet, which for once is a good thing. The hope is that I hold out long enough to let the eggs mature in the follicles, then use an hCG trigger on Monday afternoon to "encourage" all 3 follicles to erupt at the same time, increasing our odds. Waiting until the trigger to ovulate also will mean that we can try an IUI Tuesday morning, which should increase our odds even more.

In the mean time, I'm massaging my bloated pelvis, willing myself not to complain about the discomfort and mentally encouraging my ovaries to keep up the good work.

No comments: