Tuesday, November 20, 2007

IUI!

We made it to an IUI! Woo hoo!

S. did his part this morning, we waited in the coffeeshop while they spun and washed his "deliverable," then did the procedure. Dr. M. had to use the large speculum in order to see my cervix, and then kept pushing it as far as he could, which was uncomfortable, but just like a bad pap smear. Inserting the catheter though my cervix, which is the part I was nervous about, didn't actually hurt at all (couldn't even feel it). We hung out with my hips elevated for 15 minutes, then came home to pass out on the couch and take it easy.

Next steps: in one week, I do a blood test to check my luteal phase progesterone levels. Around that same time, I can do a HPT to see whether the hCG trigger shot has cleared out of my system. One week after that (December 4) I should be able to take another HPT to actually see whether I'm pregnant. Until then, lots of deep breaths....

No comments: