Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Grape

We're up to the grape stage. Which is funny, because grapes were about the only thing I was able to eat yesterday without feeling sick. It turns out that all food is disgusting. I never knew that before. Yet somehow, somewhere in the 8 week or so range, anything remotely edible stopped being appealing to me. It's not that everything makes me sick. On the contrary, if I plug my nose, close my eyes and just eat, I usually feel better afterwards. But looking at food, smelling food, even thinking about food... ew.

I'm at 9w0d now. Still no puking, but A. said that she didn't start puking until week 10, so I'm not out of the woods yet. Also, I'm more and more thinking that I was being totally naive in thinking that all of the nausea would magically disappear right at 13 weeks. Still, I'm really hoping that it really will be just 4 more weeks of this first trimester nuttiness. After several months of Clomid-induced fog, followed by 2 months of morning sickness, I'm looking forward to returning to my normal productive life, at least for a little while.

In other news... the Giants? Seriously? How did that happen?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ack, good luck with the morning sickness. I'm just starting to get a hint of it now. Nothing to make me stop eating though. I hope it passes quickly for you!