Thursday, February 7, 2008

Freaking out a little

I felt horrible all day yesterday. Constant nausea, upset stomach, headache, and on-and-off sharp twinges and cramps in my abdomen. (Being in meetings for 12 hours straight didn't help.) When I finally got home, I pretty much just curled up in a little ball on the couch and moaned pathetically until going to bed. When I woke up this morning... there was nothing. And I do mean nothing. No nausea. No illness of any kind. No sore, tender breasts.

So, now I'm freaking out a bit. Why are my symptoms suddenly gone? (And yes, it's pretty perverse to be freaked out because I feel too GOOD.) If it were 3-4 weeks from now, I could breezily say that I had passed my first trimester. Or, if I'd never had morning sickness, I could say that this is just how I feel when pregnant. But I've never heard of anyone having first trimester symptoms only until week 9, without it meaning something really, really bad. I thought about calling my doctor's office, but what exactly would I say? How stupid would I feel calling to complain that I'm not nauseous?

I decided to wait until tomorrow and see what happens. But it's afternoon now, and I'm still not feeling the need to throw up. Other than a bit of a headache, I feel fine. No bleeding, either, which I guess is a little reassuring, but still... what the heck?

No comments: