Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Positive!?!?!

Oh my goodness, we may have done it!

I spent Friday and Saturday feeling totally wiped out, and unnaturally hungry. I attributed the exhaustion to our recent travel, and the hunger seemed unusual only because I was actually not nauseous for the first time in weeks. But Sunday morning, the HPT was positive. I stared at it in disbelief for a few minutes, then woke up S. (at 7:30 on a Sunday morning, way earlier than his usual 10am wake-up time). He mumbled something along the lines of "That's nice," then pulled the covers back up over his head. When he woke up a few hours later, he had to ask me whether he had dreamed it.

I spent the day in a bit of a dream state, really happy, but also in a bit of disbelief. I'm trying not to get my hopes up until everything has been confirmed (I had a blood test on Monday, but with the New Year's holiday today, I won't get the results until tomorrow), and I'm leery of doing anything to "jinx" it during the first trimester, particularly since it is still so unbelievably early, but I couldn't resist running out and buying 2 pregnancy books. And peeing on yet another stick yesterday, to make sure that it wasn't a fluke.

Pointing towards this being the real thing: I took an hour-long nap yesterday afternoon, but still could barely stay awake until midnight for New Year's Eve. I slept for another 2 hours this afternoon, and I'm still feeling exhausted. And I never (I mean, never) normally nap.

So... I leave for a business trip next Friday. After I get back, we have the first prenatal appointment, on January 22, when I'll be at 7 weeks. My due date is September 9. Not that I'm getting ahead of myself at all at this stage....

No comments: